Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Double Embossing


Lori Lai teaches classes with an Asian / Hawaiian theme and she introduced me to this double embossing technique.  I made this card in a class she taught ages ago. The store where I took her class has closed, but she currently teaches classes at Stampin From The Heart in Mar Vista.  You can check out Stampin From The Heart's blog and class schedule by clicking here.  The flower panel was made by using a negative image stamp, Versamark ink, gold glittered embossing powder, markers, more Versamark and clear embossing powder.  I like the way the square flowered panel looks like a tile. 

Warning:  not all embossing powders are equal.  This was done with Judikin's embossing powders, but some colors and brands burn or change consistency more easily than others so experiment with what you have on hand.  I think that the Hanko paper adds a lot to this card.  What do you think?

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment