Friday, June 17, 2011

Ranger Paint Daubers are Wonderful


Linda Howard came to our local stamp club not long ago and taught a class with a technique using paint daubers.  I think this is a Penny Black stamp that was stamped or copied onto acetate.  Then you randomly add paint on the back and while it is still wet you squish it on some white cardstock or tissue paper, let it dry then trim to suit.  Linda gave us some black card stock, colored panels and black doodads to embellish and I added the black edge around the blue panel with a Sharpie marker.  I love the serendipity of it and the result is a quick and easy card that shines.  I think that any acrylic paint will work.  Linda is so good with cards that are quick, but still give us a lot of WOW.  She teaches classes regularly at Scrapbooking Made Simple in Canyon Country.  Thank you Linda.

JR

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marge - I see that you are in Southern California too. I also like to read mystery novels - especially cozy mysteries.

    As far as your question, you do not have to heat set your stamp. When stamping on acetate use an alcohol based ink like Stazon. If you want to make several cards with the same pattern you can stamp your image on regular card stock and then copy it on to the acetate. (If you do not have a laser printer, try Kinkos or Staples.) That is actually what was done in my sample. Acetate appropriate for copying was purchased at Staples, but I have done it by stamping with Stazon, just be careful not to let the stamp slip and get your stamp inked up well to get a clear stamped image. If you have a problem you can clean the acetate with stamp cleaner for alcohol ink and try again or you can go over your lines with a Sharpie marker or Copic marker.

    I hope that you give it a try it is very easy.

    JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only live in Southern California, but I frequent Scrapbooking Made Simple. I take Linda's card class on Wednesday night, belong to her SU class and just plain drop into the store every chance I get. I will be there tomorrow for El's class at 11.

    Thanks for responding to my request. I tried to do this, but used Archival Ink. I didn't think of Stazon. I will do it again, this time with Stazon. The first time, the stamp rubbed off when I placed the acetate on the cardstock. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete