Sunday, June 19, 2011

Childhood Memories


Years ago my father loved to fish and hunt and camp and I can remember my parents telling me stories about their trips.  By the time I came along they did not seem to have time or perhaps their interests changed, but when I needed to make a card that used a masking technique I was looking through my stamps and saw these Stampscape stamps and it made me think of those stories.  Now I know that there are techniques that people do with these stamps with fantastic results and I have tried them, but they do not work for me.  I am probably too impatient so I simply cut three masks, one for the water, one for the rocks and one for the trees and sky.  I then masked two of the areas and brayered on some ink, masked two different areas and brayered a new color and so on.  I added the guy in the boat thinking of my dad.

I used Stampscape stamps, Close To My Heart Ink, DCWV card and Stamping Up paper to make this card.

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment