Monday, April 4, 2011

Glittered Peacock Card

This card is a reminder that I struggle with placing layers straight on the page.  What is that about?  I must develop a technique for this as I find that it is really a struggle for me.  I suspect that part of the problem is getting the paper cut perfectly straight.  Sounds like a good excuse for a new paper cutter to me.  When I first started crafting I didn't care as much about such minor trifles, after all it is just a craft; however, I then watched a friend as she was looking at a hand made card that she had received.  She looked closely at the card moving it into several angles and even inspecting it from the side to see if she could figure out what type of adhesive was used.  She really took her time with this inspection running her hands across the image to see if it was embossed and guessing how heavy the cards stock might be discussing the amount of white space on the card - OH MY!  I immediately starting paying more attention to the little details on my cards,  so my layers are still crooked, but now I am aware of it and wish I could correct it. 

This card was made with some clip art copied on to a transparancy.  Art Institute glitter was sprinkled on each area after coloring in glue from a Quickie blue pen.  The paper was from DCWV.

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment